Monday, April 27, 2009

Cheap 'Chokes and Beyond

Was at Safeway on Sunday. Bought my artichokes for $1.99 each. Like, um, 8. What can I say? I love 'chokes, especially when they're cheap! Other deals I got:

* 2 boxes of Safeway pasta free when you buy 2 jars of Classico pasta sauce for $5
* Orville Redenbacher microwave popcorn - buy one at $4.19, get one free, plus I had 2 coupons for $.40 off each
* Keebler 100 Calorie snacks - 2 for $5, I had 2 coupons for $.75 off each
* Scott TP (I prefer Charmin myself, but the husband likes this stuff) - 12 pack was $5 off, for $8.99. I had a coupon from on-line for an extra $1 off
* Triscuits - dang, I lost my receipt, think they were 2/$5. I had a $1 off coupon for 2. Incidentally, this coupon was NOT from on-line OR a paper; it was one of those I picked up in the store a few weeks ago. You know how they hang them out sometimes. When you see those, grab some and save them. They are usually manufacturer's coupons, and no, I am NOT above taking them from one store and using them at another that has a better deal.
* Reynold's Recycled Aluminum Wrap - $2.49 ea., on-line coupon for $1 off ea. Bought 2.

So in the end, saved about 60% with club card and coupons AND got a $10 catalina at the register for my next purchase, because every one of those items, except the 'chokes, qualified for the LWFG promo (buy $30, get at $10 coupon).

'Tair has asked me that if the Safeway promo is called "living well, feeling great", does light beer qualify? I checked, and the unfortunate answer is no. Apparently, Safeway thinks that while Sarah Lee Cheesecake Bites are healthy, liquor of any kind is not. But at Foodland, take heart - GOOD beer is on sale - Bitburger 1pt 4pk cans, 2/$9, regularly $7.99 ea. Nearly half off, and that ain't not bad for good beer.

Also, just got my Aloha Diner's Club Card. Really some good deals there. Regularly $21.95; got mine on sale through the bookstore's recent food drive for the Hawaii Food Bank for only $14. Check out the deals here.

FURTHERMORE, I just ordered BOGO gift cards through the country station I listen to (yes, I'm one of those), KHCM. Each Wednesday at 9am they post a new deal. 50% off local entertainment, coming in the form of buy one, get one gift certs. I got $50 worth of gift card for Just Tacos for $25. Click here to get yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment